avatar

Monday, December 3, 2012

Thing 19...Teacher Pop!!

I am now a member of Teacher Pop!! This is a really neat way to communicate with other teachers about current topics in education.   This a great way to discuss topics without the excess feed such as the ones found on Facebook.  Teachers can share strategies and new ideas to use in the classroom.  The only issue I have is the maintaining of this network.  There are some days when I do not get on Facebook so this may not be something I check daily.  But, regardless of how often someone checks this, it is still a great way to network with other educators.
I did find Teacher Librarian Ning interesting because it does have useful information that can be used in the classroom.  This enables teachers and other educators to communicate valuable strategies when teaching cross-curriculum lessons.  This site also shows ratings of literature that may be used in the classroom as well.  This could be very important information for teachers.
I am already a member of Good Reads and I use it all the time to find age appropriate literature for my children.  You can view ratings and information on what each book is about.  You can also form a discussion group that reflects on certain books that have been read without meeting face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment