avatar

Friday, September 7, 2012

Thing 1...First Blog ever!!

Watching 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners was very insightful.  I feel that my best habit is "accept responsibility for your own learning". When I was in high school, several years ago, I did not put as much effort as I should have in my studies.  My teachers always spoke of how much potential I had, if only I wanted to exert it in my work.  Not until I was older, did I realize that I had to WANT to succeed, and as much as my teachers wanted me to do well, it was ultimately up to me how far I excelled. This is a value I instill in every aspect of my life.  I teach my children this as well so they will hopefully not have to look back and regret not reaching their full potential for lack of effort.   I have definitely brought that concept with me on this educational journey.

My weakest habit is  "use technology to your advantage". I admit that I do not use technology nearly as much as I could.  I have several devices that could make my life easier and less "cluttered", however, there are times when I do things myself because I am not confident in using technology for everything yet.  Creating this blog has been really fun. Making a page about my thoughts on devices and methods to use technology in the classroom is great.  I am looking forward to learning new ideas and observing the use of programs that I have not encountered yet.

2 comments:

  1. First of all I want to say I love your blog template! And we can all relate to making wrong choices and regretting it later on. But if it weren't for those choices we would never appreciate our accomplishments. See you in class! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I couldn't agree with you more!! That is what motivates me everyday!! :)

      Delete