avatar

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thing 16...Organized!!

I chose the iGoogle start page because, to me, it looks fresh when I open my page.  It was not difficult setting either page up in iGoogle or Netvibes, but when I open the Netvibes page it looks like alot of information that I may not need.  I like that I can modify the theme of my page with the information I am interested in in each of these, but on this particular activity visual is more important to me.  I also thought a calendar is a good way to keep track of current and upcoming events to ensure nothing is forgotten.  The programs I observed were pretty straight forward calendar applications.  I did like 30 Boxes putting the forecast on the upcoming week on the calendar that was useful so you could see if you can plan outdoor lessons.  To-do lists are useful I just don't know if I would keep one online rather than in a planner book.   I do like Basecamp's program where you can download documents, view discussions, and compile your to-do list on the same page.  I did like the  MyStickies tool so that you can have daily reminders on your dashboard.  That would be a great tool to have in the classroom.  Google Docs and Spreadsheets is a great tool to use in  the classroom as well to compile data and create organizational documents for your class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment